Transportation and Bus Passes
After a long search we are proud to report that we have contracted with a new transportation service provider. This is exciting news for our entire school community, especially the 300+ students who rely on home to school transportation every day. Student Transportation of America (STA) will be taking over our routes and we expect the services we provide will remain unchanged.
The form is now open to register for a bus pass and this form must be completed by the end of July to guarantee a seat on the bus for the first day of school on August 11.
Please click here to register for a bus pass for the 2022-23 school year
1. All applications MUST be submitted by the deadline. August 8, 2022.
2. Applications received after the deadline may not be processed until after the beginning of school. (Please allow up to 2 weeks processing)
3. Seats are assigned after completed applications are received at Steele Canyon and paid in full.
4. Transportation ID's will be issued once approved for transportation.
5. Every student boarding the bus MUST be in possession of a valid Transportation ID in order to board and ride the bus.
6. Switching routes/stops/buses is not allowed due to seating limitations of the buses.
7. Stops and times will not be published until the 15th of August 2022. You will receive notification once available.
8. Filling out application and submitting does not guarantee service. Stops are determined by walking distance.
9. No medications of any type are allowed on the school bus. All medications must be delivered to the school nurse by a parent/guardian.
10. All applicants must be approved to ride prior to purchasing a pass.
11. Do not purchase bus pass or tickets until you have received approval to ride.
Free and Reduced Transportation
After you have completed your application and you still want to apply for free or reduced Transportation you will need to come to the transportation office with all your financial documents to complete the process for free or reduced transportation.
In order to qualify for a Free or Reduced Pass, you must show proof of eligibility.
You must declare all income your household receives and present the following information (where applicable) for verification:
Child Support/Alimony: Court decree, agreement or copies of checks received.
Unemployment Compensation: Current unemployment receipts, social security or pension check stubs.
AFDC Documentation: Most recent 'Notice of Action' (within last 3 months) from the county, or a letter from your Social Worker stating benefit amount.
Pay Stubs: Last 2 months pay stubs showing gross salary or letter from employer verifying 2 months gross salary.Income Tax Returns forms for the prior year: Federal Form 1040 or 1040EZ
Self-Employed: Profit & Loss Statement on company letterhead (most recent 2 months) and Income Tax Return and W-2's from prior year.
Foster Children: Court documentation for child placement.